It is our commitment to bring the ol' community pharmacy back to your neighborhood, with a few noticeable differences.
An Advanced and Knowledgeable Pharmacy - Our pharmacists carry advanced knowledge, use evidence-based care, and integrative applications to provide disease prevention, education, and proactive care. With specialties in diabetes, behavioral health, women's health, compounding, pain management, and medication management, our pharmacists will aid you and your doctor in complex therapies, side effects, and medication administration to help you get the most out of your medications while minimizing unwanted side effects.
Honesty and Ethics with Competitive Prices - We'll never sell you a flu shot if it's not the right time to get one. We'll never sell you an over-the-counter medication if we don't believe in it, and we don't carry weight loss products that do not work just to make a buck. Here at San Mateo Neighborhood Pharmacy, we work for you, not for the shareholders. We look out for your health and your wallet.
An Altruistic Goal -Our funds go into creating and sustaining change in health care, from creating a health go-to spot and medication management clinic for children in foster care right here at the pharmacy, to working diabetes camps for kids and dance-out diabetes programs for families.
Come in and visit us today! You will feel the "small town" family atmosphere where the exceptional service, quality, and expertise once existed on the corners of our neighborhood. You'll never hear any excuses from us. Witness us go beyond for your health!
Read more about what makes us unique, below.
What does that mean to you?
With partnerships forming with our local community, including partnerships with our patients, the county, hospitals, and more, you can always count on us to take care of your health and never let you leave unhappy. Currently for our new patients, we offer FREE delivery.
How do I get started?
It's simple! Transfer your medications in person, over the phone, or using our online form by clicking HERE!
What Makes Us Different??
Simple! We believe in value-based and outcomes-based care, and we fight for your health. No other pharmacy currently does it.
We also go further for the community, funneling unpaid time and funds to offer services to Foster Care Children and low-income patients. We don't just donate, we work hands on to support those around us.
What is value-based and outcomes-based care, you ask?
Value-based and outcomes-based care means, we go beyond dispensing. We worry about:
how much you pay, are your meds covered, and can we arrange your meds for better convenience and value (is it too expensive?)
are your medications on time? We will work on getting all your medications for you at the same time, so you only make one trip to the pharmacy.
how you do on your current medications (are they working? Are they improving your health?)
if your medications are interacting, even with other conditions, medications, or food
can other medications do more for you?
We spend extra hours on this so you get the right outcome and value from your medications. This includes pet meds too! After all, our pets are part of our family.
We also take it further by:
clinically focusing on your labs when available
asking you about what barriers you face to better health, and
check up and follow up on you to help your doctor and medical team.
We take the time to understand your condition, to learn about you, and to educate you on diet and other methods to help you fight conditions like diabetes, so you can STRESS LESS about health, and worry more about enjoying your life.
How do we fight for your health?
We aim to fight on your behalf, to help get your medications covered, so you can get access to medications. Who wants to pay $100 for an antibiotic? The way we see it, if we help you get the medication, you'll be healthier. (Ask us about our discounted medication program that beats big chain pharmacies!)
We also aim to produce better health outcomes and show it, such as reduction of high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes for example, (conditions that can lead to fatal heart attacks or shown to increase hospitalizations).
But how do we do it?
Easy! Our pharmacist and non-corporate team are committed to spending unpaid time to better your health. You're never just a number at our pharmacy, you're a patient who is part of our family, and we take that seriously. We also partner with other health providers to collaborate to improve your health, whether it's through your physician, prescriber, or insurance that control your health plan.
Going Further for the Community - Services We Provide
- Compounding is the science of making unique medications catered to the patient's individual needs to solve difficult treatment problems. For example, you may need gluten-free medications that are not normally manufactured, or your pet may need medications. Other examples include dye-free, medications with fewer side effects or at different strengths, or medications with fewer risks.
- Medical Supplies and Durable Medical Equipment
- We have in stock medical supplies and equipment to asssist you in mobility and active daily living, such as canes, walkers, incontinence supplies, and more!
- Travel Vaccines, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B,
- Flu, Pneumonia, Shingles
- Pertussis | Tetanus | Diptheria
- Yellow Fever
- and more!
- Who wants to spend time at the doctor's office, the lab, and the pharmacy. We offer to pick-up your prescriptions and deliver them, so you can continue on with your day, or get home faster to take care of yoursellf or loved ones.
- Medication Synchronization - One of our widely-used and acclaimed services. Make only one single trip to the pharmacy from now on!
- We match all your meds into one unique day of the month and keep it that way!
- It's easy as 1-2-3!
- 1) Pick a day you want all your refills.
- 2) We do the tedious legwork to get all your medications filling on the same day right away!
- 3) We deliver it to you or you come in only once a month!
- Drug | Medication Waste Disposal
- Bring your expired or unused medications here for waste and disposal!
- Medication Therapy Management (FREE for Part D members)
- Unique side effects can be detected while simplifying your medication regimen! Medication Therapy Management is when you sit down with our pharmacist 1-on-1 to review your treatment, find cheaper alternatives, detect whether or not you absolutely need to be on a medication, or whether you are being adequately treated by your medications. It is absolutely FREE!
- Medicare Part D Consulting and Guidance
- Part D is one of the hardest health plans to navigate and choose one based on your medications and preference. We offer 1-on-1 guidance to help you get a cheaper plan!
- Unique Compliance Packaging
- Need medication packaged in bubble-packs or dosing schedules? Let us know and we'll find a suitable solution for you.
- Private Consultations
- Our pharmacy has a built-in private consultation rooms for vaccines and health classes, as well as private consults